What a brilliant end to a fantastic week! Well done for all your hard work and enthusiasm. There are lots of pictures showing what you got up to yesterday and I’ve even managed to post some of your videos! Have a look and then today we have some tricky word phonics for FS2 and some more funny name phonics for FS1. No new maths today, just a chance to recap what you have done this week, story time and then Fun Friday!

Phonics

FS2 Today practise your tricky words.

Follow the link to the tricky words trucks. How quickly can you read them? Click start and then phase 3. Let me know how you do.

Did you find some difficult? Follow the link to Train your Brain to help you learn them.

https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/resources/phase/3/train-your-brain-ph3

Now have a go at reading sentences. Again click on the link and click start. Click next in the bottom right and go to week 5. Click on the Tricky words to practise sentences including tricky words.

https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/resources/phase/3/sentences-3

Below are the Phase 3 Tricky Words. Can you write a sentence using tricky words and some of the phase 3 words you have been using?

You might want to have a go at a wordsearch.

FS1

Today I want you to name your vehicles! Collect up a selection of toy vehicles from around the house – car, train, van, bike and give each one a new silly name! Again, the name must start with the same sound. For example Cally Car, Tomy Train, Bertie Bike. You could even do this with the names of members of your family!

Maths

FS2 There is no video today. I want you to think about what you have done this week. What was quite tricky? What didn’t you manage to have a go at? I would like you to back and have another go at something that was tricky, something you enjoyed or try something different, perhaps play a game you didn’t play. I would also like you to have a go at practising writing numbers today. Have a look at the ideas on the blog yesterday for fun ways to practise. Don’t forget to let me see what you have done.

FS1 Watch the Numberblocks video again. Have another go at an activity you enjoyed in maths this week.

Fun Friday

Storytime

Below is a story to finish the week. I had a little friend join me, I wonder if you can spot her! She loves to snuggle on my knee whenever I sit down but today I think she quite enjoyed listening to the story.

You’ve worked hard this week so have a fun afternoon. Play a game with your family. This could be cards or a board game or make up a game together. Bake a cake, some buns, pizza or whatever is your favourite. Read your favourite book together or watch your favourite film. Go for a walk. Whatever you choose to do, put your phones and devices away and enjoy being together. Let me know what you did and how it made you feel. Enjoy!

Well done everyone for your super work this week. You are all superstars!

Have a wonderful weekend and I will see you back here on Monday.

Mrs Atkinson

.

Friday 15th January